In the past three months we have witnessed the continued onslaught of the people by the hands of the police. From Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, LA to Philando Castile in Falcon Heights, MN to Korryn Gaines in Randallstown, MD to Terrance Crutcher in Tulsa, OK to Tyre King in Columbus, OH to Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, NC. Just in the past two weeks at least 8 more Black men have been killed by the police.
1. Alfred Olango, 30, El Cajon, California September 27 http://www.nbcsandiego.com/…/Arrests-After-Rallies-Protests…
2. Christopher Sowell, 32, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania September 28 http://www.philly.com/…/Ross-Police-fired-109-shots-at-man-…
3. Jacquarius M. Robinson, 20. Columbus, Ohio September 30 http://www.dispatch.com/…/09/30/officer-involved-shooting.h…
4. George Richards-Meyers, 18, Newark, NJ September 30 http://newyork.cbslocal.com/…/newark-police-involved-shoot…/
5. Najier Salaam, 18, Newark, NJ September 30 http://newyork.cbslocal.com/…/newark-police-involved-shoot…/
6. Reginald Thomas, 36, Pasadena, Cali September 30 http://heavy.com/…/reginald-thomas-killed-by-police-dead-b…/
7. Douglas Marrickus Rainey, 32, Gowensville, SC October 1 http://www.greenvilleonline.com/…/robbery-suspect…/91329326/
8. Carnell Snell Jr., 18 Los Angeles, CA October 1 http://ktla.com/…/angry-crowd-gathers-in-south-l-a-after-o…/
We have witnessed the the attempted cover ups by the police and the refusal of the courts to indict. The one exception is the indictment of Tulsa officer Betty Shelby coming directly on the heels of militant protests in Charlotte. The National Guard was mobilized, a curfew imposed and a state of emergency declared by the North Carolina governor to quell the protests. During one night of demonstrations, protestor Justin Carr was shot and killed.
In Boston and New England we have the same pattern of police killings and cover-ups. Join an important community discussion on how we can build a mass movement of millions to win justice for the victims of police brutality and their families.
Shahidah, sister of Usaamah Rahim, killed by the Joint Terrorist Task Force in Roslindale, MA June 2, 2015
Wayne Dozier, grandfather of Danroy ‘DJ’ Henry of Easton, MA, killed by Pleasantville, NY police officer Aaron Hess in 2010
Tahia Bell-Sykes, organizer for Mass Action Against Police Brutality
OTHER SPEAKERS TBA
Brock Satter, organizer for Mass Action Against Police Brutality