May the 4th has become the globally celebrated Star Wars Day, so let's talk about the place of the Black people in the legendary saga.
The great movie by George Lucas wasn’t immune to the lack of diversity in American movies, so the most of the cast of the franchise was Caucasian. But still, there are some really nice Black characters.
- Mace Windu, brilliantly played by Samuel L. Jackson,
2. Saw Gerrera, a flamboyant character, who only appears in ‘Rogue One,’
3. Both cunning and brave Lando Calrissian,
4. Finn, the controversial Black stormtrooper,
5. And last but not the least Maz Kanata, who borrowed the voice from magnificent Lupita Nyong’o.
Each of these characters is unique in his own manner. We wish you to enjoy new episodes of the franchise and May the 4th be with you!