Here are events that will be at 3rd Annual Black Fashion Week USA in Chicago this weekend
Black Fashion Week USA continues with the vision of highlighting designers of color; promoting and exposing their brand aesthetics to the general public for the third straight year. The full week of events will take place during National African-American History Month in Chicago, where it all began.
Black Fashion Week USA events help foster the brand development and economic growth of African-American fashion designers and professionals in the United States and abroad by serving as a platform for the Black fashion industry. Events include 3 unique fashion shows, a youth scholarship competition, a public shopping event, a “Black Fashion Matters” workshop and Business of Fashion panel discussion, and a movie screening.
Friday, February 24th, 2017
- This event will include a “Black Fashion Matters” workshop and Business of Fashion panel discussion featuring guest speakers: Designer Laurie Underwood (Lifetime’s Project Runway, Season 14), Marin Heiskell (former retail buyer), Robin Harris (International model & fashion designer), Jay Arbetman (fabric sourcing and manufacturing expert ), Aaja Corrine Magee (image and personal branding strategist) and Adodo Robinson ( international stylist and Salon owner).
Location: Hyatt Place Chicago-South, 5255 South Harper, Chicago, Illinois 60615
Saturday, February 25th, 2017
“Black Fashion Matters” Public Shopping Connection Event 10am-3pm
- Enjoy our public shopping event inside the beautiful solarium room at the South Shore Cultural Center for the entire family. This event features local fashion businesses: local designers, hair, and cosmetics vendors, jewelry-makers. Sponsored by curls.
Kids Fashion Show 2pm-3pm
- Fun and fashion for the entire family. A mini kid’s fashion show inside of our “Black Fashion Matters” Public Shopping
Luxury Designer Runway Show 6:30 pm-10 pm
- The public runway events are one way in which local Chicago communities and surrounding cities can come together culturally to support the businesses being presented to them within the black fashion industry during Black History Month
Location: South Shore Cultural Center, 7059 South Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60644
Sunday, February 26th, 2017
Emerging Designer & LifeStyle Runway Show, 6:30 pm-10:00 pm
- The Emerging Designer & LifeStyle Runway Show is an event where fashion lovers can expect to mix & mingle; enjoy light bites and entertainment. More than just a platform for designers to showcase their brands on the runway, Black Fashion Week USA reinforces the “Black Fashion Matters” theme, by providing consumers, students, and current professionals the access to foster long-lasting business relationships.
Location: DuSable Museum of African-American History, 740 E 56th Pl, Chicago, IL 60637
Tickets and more information are available at www.blackfashionweekusa.com