An event in loving memory of Terrance Kellom killed in front of his family by the ICE officer Mitchell Quinn.
On April 28th, Terrance Kellom was fatally shot by police in front of his father at their home on Evergreen. No charges were filed against Mitchell Quinn, the ICE agent involved in the shooting.
His death is still a very hurtful memory for the family and especially for the father, Kevin Kellom. This is what his father, published on his facebook today:
“My Son came home tonight, laying down watching TV, when suddenly my shower curtain falls to the floor, and if you been to my house, you know how my shower curtain is put up, Jumps up grab a (Sandwich)Lol, Go downstairs checking Shit Out, The WHOLE house, and NOTHING,Tee Tee your presence is ALWAYS welcomed HERE SON, I LOVE YOU AND BEEN AWAITING YOUR RETURN, next time bring you but home at a reasonable hour son, I’ve ALWAYS enjoyed your company.. I Need You Son So Bad, Life Seems So Empty Without You Tee Tee, Come On Home Son…”
A while ago, Kevin talked to us and gave a vivid account of the events on that fateful day.
Terrance is not and shouldn’t be forgotten. His family deserves justice. That\s why we are heaving this meetup in memory of Terrance Kellom.
We have a list of demands. And we will take actions if our demands are not met.
• We demand an independent investigation by DoJ into the Terrance Kellom case and additional DoJ investigation into other civil rights violations in Detroit.
• The immediate arrest and prosecution of US ICE agent Mitchell Quinn
• Wayne County prosecutor Kym Worthy to step down and special prosecutor to be appointed
• Detroit Police Chief James Craig to step down and Detroit Fugitive Apprehension Team task force to be disbanded
• Stop racial profiling by law enforcement
• Put an end to Police Militarization program (Pentagon’s Excess Property Program)
Brothers and sisters, come out to support the family!
The fight is not over. Bring signs, flowers, and candles with you.